* Skriv a reas list_em...@icloud.com (list_em...@icloud.com):
  |>  Noob here. I am using BibDesk with LyX, writing an IEEE Transactions
paper using the ieeetrans template within LyX.

  |>  I have references in BibDesk that have fields such as DOI, URL, and ISSN
that are filled in. I do not want these fields to appear in the IEEE paper as
this is not compatible with the IEEE referencing format. Yet, when I create a
PDF from within LyX, these items do in fact appear in the bibliography.

  |>  How do I suppress these unwanted fields? Or is this a LyX question?

In case you are interested in using the IEEE-style biblatex package for
references, you could declare:

\usepackage[style=ieee,isbn=false,url=false,doi=false]{biblatex}

I think `isbn=false` would clear the ISSN but I haven't tried it myself. Then
you would have to declare your bib file as:

\addbibresource{yourfile.bib}
--Gildas