> On Dec 1, 2016, at 6:18 PM, Gildas Hamel <gwel...@ucsc.edu> wrote:
>
> * Skriv a reas list_em...@icloud.com (list_em...@icloud.com):
>  |>  Noob here. I am using BibDesk with LyX, writing an IEEE Transactions
> paper using the ieeetrans template within LyX.
>  |>
>  |>  I have references in BibDesk that have fields such as DOI, URL, and ISSN
> that are filled in. I do not want these fields to appear in the IEEE paper as
> this is not compatible with the IEEE referencing format. Yet, when I create a
> PDF from within LyX, these items do in fact appear in the bibliography.
>  |>
>  |>  How do I suppress these unwanted fields? Or is this a LyX question?
>  |>

> In case you are interested in using the IEEE-style biblatex package for
> references, you could declare:
>
> \usepackage[style=ieee,isbn=false,url=false,doi=false]{biblatex}
>
> I think `isbn=false` would clear the ISSN but I haven't tried it myself. Then
> you would have to declare your bib file as:
>
> \addbibresource{yourfile.bib}
> —Gildas

Thank you, Gildas. Since your response is slightly more specific than that of
Jan and since the result is the same, I’ll reply to  your comment only.

Adding

\usepackage[style=ieee,isbn=false,url=false,doi=false]{biblatex}

to LyX’s LaTeX preamble results in the following error:

! LaTeX Error: File `iftex.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>

l.37 \RequirePackage
                   {pdftexcmds}^^M
*** (cannot \read from terminal in nonstop modes)

When I added

\usepackage{pdftexcmds}

the same error was generated. The pdftexcmds page leads to a 39-page PDF user
manual.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Jerry