Jay, I'd avoid University altogether, head south on Frances or a similar street, and 
take Dayton to Randall. I wouldn't send a badly behaved dog down University Avenue.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Jay Otto
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 2:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Bikies] Negotiating intersection


Hello Bikies,

After years of bike commuting in Madison, I feel capable of dealing 
with most situations, but I'm still left with a few mysteries. One of 
which is: Is there any safe/rational/physically possible way to make a 
left turn from University Ave. heading westbound onto Randall Street?

My usual technique is to avoid the intersection whenever possible. This 
may be the best way to deal with an unpleasant situation.

Moving from the westbound bike lane into the far left lane prior to 
reaching the intersection is the rational/legal method, however the 
volume and speed of motor vehicle traffic quite often remove it from 
the realm of possibility.

Stopping at the light and crossing the intersection as a pedestrian is 
generally possible, but given the common crowds of students, traffic, 
and the fact that there is only a crosswalk is on the wrong side of 
Randall Street (the east side), doesn't make this straight forward 
either.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Or just continue to avoid the area like the 
plague and wait for the Missing Link to be completed?

Jay Otto

_______________________________________________
Bikies mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.danenet.org/mailman/listinfo/bikies

_______________________________________________
Bikies mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.danenet.org/mailman/listinfo/bikies

Reply via email to