Ah yes, the 'Shorewood Singularity', where bikes are suppose to magically
jump from one side to the other instantaneusly, violating several laws of
physics.

I once brought this up with the VOSH traffic committe, and they basically
gave me Robbie's #4.

As for which is the 'correct' side, I've always taken the view that the
rules of the road are reversed for that small stretch. But because it is
ambiguous, it can cause problems.

One time I was heading East in the main traffic lane (the big one in the
North side, which violates US rules of traffic), and another bicyclist was
coming right at me. "You're in the wrong lane" he yelled.

There wasn't really much time to discuss my differing point of view.  I
moved aside, and a collision was averted.

VoSH officials need to hear from residents that this is a problem.


On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Steve Goldstein <[email protected]> wrote:

> My take:  The traffic is so light on this section that it doesn't matter.
>  I rarely encounter either a car or a bike here, and I don't think I've ever
> encountered both.   (Disclaimer: I use the path infrequently. )
>
>>
>> If anyone understands how this works, I'd appreciate knowing.  :-)
>>
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Bikies mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org
>



-- 
..........
-darin
_______________________________________________
Bikies mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org

Reply via email to