I see the advantages of the helmet-mounted lights, but I don't like them for
the reason that they are so high up and blinding.  You may do your best to
"avoid frying the retinas of approaching bicyclists and walkers," but most
bicyclists don't.  I can see they are good to use on streets with car
traffic for self-protection, but I would prefer people avoided these on
heavily used bike paths such as the SW Path and east rail corridor bike
paths.  They are simply too blinding.  I hold my hand up to block their
lighting (as I do for cars that have those double headlights or the
blindingly blue lights (advertised by the car companies as a safety
feature)), but it is still dangerous.

On 10/17/09, Hans Noeldner <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I do my best to avoid frying the retinas of approaching bicyclists and
> walkers.  Either I'll turn my head to the side, or I'll hold my hand up to
> block the light from shining on them.  The pattern is fairly concentrated so
> this works.
>
>
>
> Hans Noeldner**
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Bikies mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org
>
>
_______________________________________________
Bikies mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org

Reply via email to