Wow, good counts, I'm surprised to learn that there are so many! I live near North Sherman and am continually amazed by these brave souls battling the speed demons in their behemoth gas guzzlers. Granted, I'm disabled and am only a fair-weather rider, and do ride on the sidewalks there when I'm able to get out, but would definitely trade a car trip to Pierce's Market or the Lakeview Library if I felt safer riding on the road. Even crossing North Sherman in designated walkways can be treacherous at best during certain times of the day. My $0.02 worth... ~kel Michael Rewey writes:
Here are some interesting counts I did. Two weekday September bicycle counts:
    N. Sherman at Fordem
Afternoon - only 4 hours:   71 bicycles
    N. Sherman at Aberg
Morning - only 4 hours:       64 bicycles So there are already almost 140 bikes in 8 hours on a street corridor with no bike accommodation.  Even WisDOT in their design guidelines states that if a street or road has or can reasonably expect 25 bikes per day, bike accommodations should be provided. This information was provided to the Plan Commission.
Mike Rewey
_______________________________________________
Bikies mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org

Reply via email to