Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
On Thursday 08 July 2004 07:43 am, Peter Stuge wrote:

This is one thing that makes me glad I run gentoo, since it's source
based there are more frequent updates to the package, usually adding
patches that people want. :)

ugh, but gentoo's qmail is a big pile of poo.

so many ridiculous patches and broken methodology that it really sickens me to even look at the ebuild.

imho, and without desire of flaming, gentoo rationle is quite weak. i like ROCKLinux much more. their .conf files are lot simpler than ebuilds and they try to preserve the packages with as few as possible patches.

Alejandro