Is it possible to create a zone file that only contains a CNAME?

The request I got is to create a CNAME to point shop4water.com to
shop4water.hostedbywebtstore.com.

We own shop4water.com – hostedbywebstore.com is something external that we
don’t own.

I’ve reviewed past posts and searched the internet.  I see things saying “you
can’t have CNAME only” or “you can” or “you should use DNAME instead” and then
others saying that “you can’t use CNAME or DNAME with any other record and the
SOA itself is a record”.

So my basic question is:   Is it possible to do this?  If so what should the
zone file for shop4water.com look like?   Is there another way to make queries
for shop4water.com go to shop4water.hostedbywebtstore.com?

Athena®, Created for the Cause™

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential
information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of
the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the
sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.