> I don't know what you mean by that.  Apex of what exactly - my zone
> file?  Can you tell me exactly what the zone file should look like
> with the CNAME record at the "apex"?

Determine the address(es) for the target domain name
shop4water.hostedbywebtstore.com (I'm using 127.0.0.1 as an example),
and add each to an A record in the zone, which should look a bit like
this:

        $TTL 3600
        @       IN      SOA     shop4water.com. root.shop4water.com.  (
                                        1      ; serial
                                        3H              ; refresh
                                        1H              ; retry
                                        1W              ; expiry
                                        1H )            ; negTTL
                IN      NS      ns7.worldnic.com.
                IN      NS      ns8.worldnic.com.
                IN      A       127.0.0.1       ; replace w/ IP of target

As Phill said, a CNAME instead of the A record is illegal at the apex
(i.e. the top) of the zone; CNAME must not exist with other data e.g. NS
or SOA records, which are mandatory for a zone.

Hope that helps.

        -JP