-----Original Message-----
From: Mukund Sivaraman [mailto:m...@isc.org]
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:01 PM
To: Bhangui, Sandeep - BLS CTR <bhangui.sand...@bls.gov>
Cc: 'bind-users@lists.isc.org' <bind-us...@isc.org>
Subject: Re: Organization IP address is getting redirected to a website which
does not belong to the organization.

On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 03:51:00PM +0000, Bhangui, Sandeep - BLS CTR wrote:
> Hi
>
> Not exactly sure whether this is a DNS issue but hoping someone here on this
> forum can provide some advice/suggestion as I am trying to figure out what is
> going on.
>
> Our organization BLS owns ( registered with the registrar )  the network
> address 146.142.xxx.xxx.
>
> But if someone  from the Internet [ outside of BLS network )  tries to go to
> "http://146.142.7.113";   it gets redirected to a site in UK called
> "us.watcheezy.com"
>
> I have checked the DNS from the BLS  side and we do not have any entry of
> any kind for  the record  146.142.7.113 on our DNS.
>
> I have also done DNS lookups for watcheezy.com and those seem to be good too
> with respect to IP and the NS and as to what those NS are reporting.
>
> Can anyone throw some light on as to what is going on here.....does not look
> like a DNS issue to me but I could be wrong.

[muks@jurassic ~]$ wget --debug http://146.142.7.113 DEBUG output created by
Wget 1.18 on linux-gnu.

Reading HSTS entries from /home/muks/.wget-hsts URI encoding = ‘UTF-8’
Converted file name 'index.html' (UTF-8) -> 'index.html' (UTF-8)
--2016-09-17 21:28:13--  http://146.142.7.113/ Connecting to
146.142.7.113:80... connected.
Created socket 3.
Releasing 0x0000564b513bd220 (new refcount 0).
Deleting unused 0x0000564b513bd220.