In message <alpine.deb.2.20.1610181109390.8...@headset.its.uiowa.edu>, Jay Ford
writes:
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2016, Barry Margolin wrote:
> > If there are zones that both sets of clients should see, you have to
> > duplicate them in both views. Overlapping views don't do this
> > automatically.
>
> Right.  "in-view" can be useful for this, as long as you only need to refer
> to previously defined views (i.e., it unfortunatley doesn't allow forward
> references).

So put the zone in the first view.  Updates, notifies and queries
are delivered to the zone from all views the zone is in.  Acls are
all configurable on the zone level if you don't like the inherited
acls from the first view.

To get any order we need to configure all views without the in-view
zones then go back and configure all the in-view zones.

We then would need to go and configure all the automatic empty zones
as they need to be aware of bottom of zone cuts.

It's do able but it isn't high on the priority list.

Mark

Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: ma...@isc.org