On 04/02/2017 09:18, Phil Mayers wrote:
On 03/02/17 16:53, Alan Clegg wrote:

The "rndc" option allows those that KNOW that they may need the data
begin the collection where everyone else isn't impacted.  If you know
that this customer is at risk, tell them "run this command, it's going

FWIW, I would tend to agree with this approach; piling a bunch of
mostly-unused data into the logs for these very rare events is not an
obvious solution IMHO.

Sorry I should expand on this point given my other mail; adding extra and largely-unused data absent a structured format is not an obvious solution; structure would change my stance on that, although one still wants to be reasonably parsimonious with space.