I would run a firewall even for BIND alone on a box in case the box
gets compromised through BIND. Allowing remote access and DNS, then
dropping everything else as the general firewall policy should be
pretty straightforward. But with the IP on this particular BIND box
being public, it's really like any other server on the internet. Port
forwarding or NAT in that case would be unnecessary.

--
Michael De Roover <i...@nixmagic.com>