---- On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 02:54:04 +0800 Tom Zander via bitcoin-dev
<bitcoin-dev@lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote ----

 > Honestly, if the reason for the too-short-for-safety timespan is that you
 > want to use BIP9, then please take a step back and realize that SegWit is a
 > contriversial soft-fork that needs to be deployed in a way that is extra
 > safe because you can't roll the feature back a week after deployment.
 > All transactions that were made in the mean time turn into everyone-can-
 > spent transactions.

No one should use, nor anyone is advised to use, segwit transactions before it
is fully activated. Having 2 months or 2 weeks of grace period makes totally no
difference in this regard. If anyone tried to use segwit tx during your
proposed 2 months grace period, all those txs were still everyone-can-spent.

All you are advocating is just stalling the process with no improvement in
security.