As a user, I would far prefer a split over any kind of mandatory change
that would drastically harm the ecosystem.  Many users feel the same way.
Level 3 is a pure attack on users who do not conform to your beliefs.
Please do not put words in people's mouths claiming they wouldn't prefer a
split when many would.  If you wish to fork off, please do so responsibly.

-Alphonse