On Friday, 26 May 2017 16:39:30 CEST Erik Aronesty wrote:
> Linking a bit4 MASF with a bit4 "lock in of a hard fork in 6 months" is
> something that will simply never happen for basic engineering reasons.

The modifications to Bitcoin Core would take at most a day to do, plus a week
to test.
I’m not very happy with the full compromise myself, but can we please not
stomp on actual progress with nebulous problems?
I mean, you want SegWit, right?

> Claiming that miners support segwit is disingenuous ... considering that
> if they supported it, they would be signaling for it today... instead of
> distracting the community with fake proposals that have no peer-reviewed
> code.

The nature of a compromise like the one that happened in New York is that
both parties do something they are not the most happy with in exchange for
the thing they want.
Miners have agreed to the SegWit part of this compromise. Calling that
disingenuous is not helpful...
--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io