Do you think the following hypothesis is more or less true:

H: There is no set of pure extensions* to script E such that enabling E and
OP_SECURETHEBAG as proposed enables recursive covenants, but E alone does
not enable recursive covenants?

* Of course there are things that specifically are specifically designed to
switch on if OP_SECURETHEBAG, so pure means normal things like OP_CAT that
are a function of the arguments on the stack or hashed txn data.

This is the main draw of the design I proposed, it should be highly
improbable or impossible to accidentally introduce more behavior than
intended with a new opcode.

I think that given that H is not true for the stack reading version of the
opcode, we should avoid doing it unless strongly motivated, so as to permit
more flexibility for which opcodes we can add in the future without
introducing recursion unless it is explicitly intended.