Bitcoin's security is derived from the energy consumption of mining, so
reducing the overall expenditure would be an objective decrease in
resilience.  As a miner, your efficiency at converting energy into
hashpower is the driving factor in your profitability, so this and any
other future attempts to decrease the cost of attacking Bitcoin receives a
hard NACK from me.

If you're concerned about missing out on the subsidy or fee revenue, grab
any number of the sub-500mSAT USB miners and get access to cheap power.

Sincerely,

Eric Martindale, relentless maker.
Founder & CEO, Fabric, Inc. <https://fabric.fm>
+1 (919) 374-2020

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 9:41 AM LORD HIS EXCELLENCY JAMES HRMH via
bitcoin-dev <bitcoin-dev@lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> Good Afternoon,
>
> It is obvious that something needs to be done to curtail the current cost
> of mining in kWh per block. I understand proposals are rejected because it
> is considered censorship and Bitcoin has a consensus to allow anyone to
> mine but, since mining requires specific hardware and energy requirements
> it is already a form of censorship where most on the planet except for the
> top 6% I am guessing here, cannot afford to mine. Without affecting the
> current algorithm, I have previously begun to explore the process by which
> mining can be turned into a lottery with only authorized payto addresses
> able to mine valid blocks, since transaction fees and block rewards exist
> to pay the miner. It would be better even if the algorithms are improved if
> there are some ways that only a subset of miners can produce valid blocks
> for any given period, say for 12 months with four groups starting three
> months apart to transition, and maybe limit mining to 50 people per
> continent to produce valid blocks at any one time. Possibly this requires a
> consortium to oversee the lottery but it is something Bitcoin can handle
> themselves, and would do better to handle than to wait for government
> intervention as we have seen previously in China where power was too cheap
> Bitcoin was banned entirely.
>
> KING JAMES HRMH
> Great British Empire
>
> Regards,
> The Australian
> LORD HIS EXCELLENCY JAMES HRMH (& HMRH)
> of Hougun Manor & Glencoe & British Empire
> MR. Damian A. James Williamson
> Wills
>
> et al.
>

> Willtech
> www.willtech.com.au
> www.go-overt.com
> and other projects
>
> earn.com/willtech
> linkedin.com/in/damianwilliamson
>

> m. 0487135719
> f. +61261470192
>

> This email does not constitute a general advice. Please disregard this
> email if misdelivered.
> ------------------------------

              • R... email--- via bitcoin-dev
              • R... Lonero Foundation via bitcoin-dev
              • R... Lonero Foundation via bitcoin-dev
              • R... email--- via bitcoin-dev
              • R... Lonero Foundation via bitcoin-dev
              • R... yancy via bitcoin-dev
              • R... Lonero Foundation via bitcoin-dev
              • R... email--- via bitcoin-dev
              • R... Lonero Foundation via bitcoin-dev
          • Re: [bitco... LORD HIS EXCELLENCY JAMES HRMH via bitcoin-dev
            • Re: [... Eric Martindale via bitcoin-dev
              • R... Lonero Foundation via bitcoin-dev
              • R... Lonero Foundation via bitcoin-dev
            • Re: [... Thomas Hartman via bitcoin-dev
              • R... Lonero Foundation via bitcoin-dev
  • Re: [bitcoin-dev] BIP Propo... Lonero Foundation via bitcoin-dev