Good morning waxwing,

Ah, yes, now I remember.
I discussed this with Tamas as well in the past and that is why we concluded
that in defiads, each UTXO can host at most one advertisement at any one time.
In the case of defiads there would be a sequence counter where a
higher-sequenced advertisement would replace lower-sequenced advertisement, so
you could update, but at any one time, for a defiads node, only one
advertisement per UTXO could be used.
This assumed that there would be a defiads network with good gossip propagation
so our thinking at the time was that a higher-sequenced advertisement would
quickly replace lower-sequenced ones on the network.
But it is simpler if such replacement would not be needed, and you could then
commit to the advertisement directly on the UTXO via a tweak.

Each advertisement would also have a specific application ID that it applied
to, and applications on top of defiads would ask the local defiads node to give
it the ads that match a specific application ID, so a UTXO could only be used
for one application at a time.
This would be equivalent to domain separation tags that waxwing mentions.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj