On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM, Jorge Timón <jti...@monetize.io> wrote:

> This will probably sound stupid to most of you, but I'll say it anyway.
>
> The aim of mnemonics is to easily remember, isn't it?

Well, I would say more "retype" than "remember". I really don't think that
common user will memorize it. But of course, it is still an option.

> But the approach of removing "offensive words" is probably
> counterproductive to achieving that end. These words cause a greater
> emotional impact in our human moral psyches.

No, I dont' think it is stupid! Actually it was my concern as well.
Unfortunately I don't think it is "politically correct" to include all
bitches, assholes and motherfuckers in end user product :-).

> If we were willing to use that fact in our advantage to optimize the
> "maximum unforgettableness" criterion, we should actually prefer the
> most generally offensive words in that list. Specially if they can
> combine with each other to produce more offensive results, basically
> the opposite of what we're doing.

> Isn't "legalize murder dirty jew" much easier to remember for most
> people than "sandwich house yellow cauliflower"?

Well, bip39 can have more dictionaries and *maybe* swearword dictionary
would gain some popularity ;).

slush