Issues that would need to be resolved:

1) Who pays for it? Most obvious answer: Foundation. However there's
currently a fairly clear line between the foundation website and the
bitcoin.org website. I personally am fine with the bitcoin foundation
funding the website, it's a lot closer to the bitcoin community than
github. But some people might care. So next step would be to contact the
Foundation board and see if they're willing to fund it.

2) Anti-DoS? I assume github handles this at the moment, though I doubt
there's anything to be gained from DoSing the informational website

3) Where does the server go? Ideally, a hosting provider that accepts
Bitcoin of course!

4) Who admins it?

5) Who controls DNS for it?

Right now I think Sirius still owns DNS for bitcoin.org which is nonsense.
He needs to pass it on to someone who is actually still involved with the
project. Again, the most obvious neutral candidate would be the Foundation.

So I think it's a good idea but there's a fair amount of work here. The
primary upside I see is that it opens the potential for adding
interactive/server-side code in future if we decide that would be useful.