On Sun, Dec 8, 2013, at 03:11 PM, Drak wrote:

It's not just about trust, there is the robustness factor: what if he
becomes sick, unavailable, hit by a bus? Others need the ability to
pickup and run with it. The control over the domain (including ability
to renew registration, alter nameservers) needs to be with more than
one person. That's why I suggest using the same people who have control
over the software project at sf,github

The bitcoin.org domain is controlled by me, Sirius, and an anonymous
person. Control will not be lost if Sirius becomes unavailable.

SSL is probably a good idea, and it's probably also a good idea to
separate bitcoin.org from Github. I don't know that I trust Github. I'm
sure that you can find a sponsor for a dedicated server. Let us know if
DNS changes to bitcoin.org are required.