I agree with Cecil. I normally sleep with my new babies for the first night or 2. I didn't realize they were so small when I told you about the feeding amounts. On ones this small I feel lucky when I get a half ounce down them every 2 hours at first. I use a pet nurser bottle and the longest nipple but cut it back to about an inch long maybe shorter. It just depends on the baby. Please let us know how they are dong. Nancy ----- Original Message ----- From: "Cecil Bearden" <crbear...@copper.net>
To: <blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 06:12
Subject: Re: [Blackbelly] Help: Need info on bottle feeding

Tom Quinn wrote:
I worked on the ewe for a couple of hours, and got nothing. She has no bag at all. It sounded like she was letting down milk, but nothing. That and the fact that she was butting the lambs away, led us to decide to get them warm and try to bottle feed tonight. These little guys dont weigh much more than one pound each. I will just have to see if we get them through the night, then brew up some colostrum replacer, and see if we can get anything from the ewe.