On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> I just ran into a problem I want to clarify.
>
> When using nfs mounted partitions as a client, the options in fstab need
> to have a _netdev parameter set or you get a failure in the mountfs
> bootscript.
>
> In the nfs-client bootscript, remote nfs partitions need to be actually
> mounted:
>
>   mount -a -t nfs
>
> This means an update is needed to both the nfs-utils client config and
> the bootscript.  I want to verify before I make the changes.
>
>   -- Bruce
>

Adding the 'mount' works for me (thanks, Bruce, saved me an hour or two
of investigation).  I imagine you'll want to add a corresponding umount
when stopping.

Ken
-- 
 das eine Mal als Trag�die, das andere Mal als Farce

--
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Reply via email to