I remember there was a discussion more than a year back about having a
link to the package home page and/or its freshmeat entry so as to make
it easier for users to get more information on the package.

I see that LFS has already started pointing to the freshmeat entry. I
would like to propose to add similar information to BLFS. I think a
link to the Freshmeat entry should suffice since they usually have a
link to the homepage (in addition to the download locations). If there
is anything missing from the freshmeat page, it is easy to add info to
the page since most of the FM-entries allow updates from anyone.

Also, I fail to see the advantage of having both a http download link
and a ftp download link for all packages. IMO, only one should be
mentioned (preferably http and if that is not available have the ftp
download location).

-- 
Tushar Teredesai
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
   http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar/
--
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Reply via email to