On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 07:15:15PM +0100, Andrew Benton wrote:
> Is that wise? As it stands LFS is out of date. Old gcc, old glibc, old
> kernel headers. As soon as trunk moves to a newer toolchain everyone
> will start using that. Why waste effort releasing a book that's already
> obsolete?

Monitor the lists for a while and you'll see that lots of people are
still building stable even though that still has gcc-3. Besides, why add
months more to a release date by sticking in new toolchain versions just
now? We know trunk is pretty stable as it is right now - it's been
tested and tested. We release that, get it out the door, then we put
gcc-4.1 and glibc-2.4 in trunk and start testing that. People who want
the latest and greatest can build trunk.

--
JH