Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 01:34:19AM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

>> For openssl and openssh I removed the libexec override.  That begs the
>> question whether we should continue to document the files placed in
>> /usr/libexec.  I lean to no although I haven't removed any yet.
>>
>> Files I have now:
>>
>> $ ls -F /usr/libexec
>> awk/     code*       frcode*  getconf/  rmt*       ssh-keysign*   sudo/
>> bigram*  coreutils/  gcc/     man-db/   sftp-server*  ssh-pkcs11-helper*
>>
>> In the above, bigram, code, and frcode are from findutils.
>> ssh* and sftp* are from openssh
>> getconf is from glibc
>> rmt is from tar
>>
>> If we really wanted to, we could probably set libexecdir for those
>> packages to install in a subdir of /usr/libexec like the others.  I
>> don't want to do that for 7.5, but it's a thought for the future.

>   For documentation, I am ambivalent and also to remove what someone
> has already taken the time to document.

That's a good point, but the documentation is incomplete.  If a user is
looking for a library or executable, would they think to look in
/usr/libexec?  Also we don't now document an installed directory such as
/usr/libexec/sudo.

> For installing in a
> subdirectory, I'm _mostly_ not keen - extra work for no obvious gain.
>
>   However, looking back at my logs from October/November when I did
> scripted builds of a lot more of BLFS, I think we might need to do
> this for one or both versions of vte : they both installed
> gnome-pty-helper, without an override it looks as if whichever is
> installed later (if both are installed) will overwrite that program
> from the earlier install.

Do you know if the versions of gnome-pty-helper were different?  If so,
were they equivalent?