Ragnar Thomsen wrote:
On Sunday 03 August 2014 12:16:28 Bruce Dubbs wrote:
We need to do some planning for the upcoming release.  Right now all
books are looking pretty good.

I would like to plan a coordinated release of LFS and BLFS for both
trunk and systemd on September 1.  In preparation, we will need to do a
package freeze on August 15.  At that time, we will release a -rc1 for
the both lfs versions.

KDE 4.14 will be released on August 20th. We should consider including it,
since it seems to be mostly updates to apps. I don't think KDE 5 is ready for
primetime yet.

I think we can do that. We'll just have to postpone testing any packages that depend on kde to after the release.

My biggest concern with updating packages during after lfs-7.6-rc1 is the validity of dependent packages that may have already been tested.

  -- Bruce