Bruce Dubbs wrote:
We need to do some planning for the upcoming release.  Right now all
books are looking pretty good.

I would like to plan a coordinated release of LFS and BLFS for both
trunk and systemd on September 1.  In preparation, we will need to do a
package freeze on August 15.  At that time, we will release a -rc1 for
the both lfs versions.

After that, any updates to package versions in either lfs or blfs will
need to be coordinated on the respective mailing list.  For blfs, I'll
add a new entity

"<para>This package is known to build and work
  properly using an LFS-7.6 platform.</para>"

And ask all editors to methodically work through blfs to check all the
packages.  As the packages are checked, we can update each section.

The August 15 date may slip.  I am anticipating a new release of glibc
any time now and would like to get it into the books, but we won't know
the actual release date until it happens.  I also anticipate version
3.16 of the kernel by that date, but I don't see that version as critical.

It looks like new versions of both glibc and kde are imminent. Lets slip the -rc1 and package freeze for lfs/blfs about a week to Aug 22.

  -- Bruce