On 30/09/2015 19:18, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Pierre Labastie wrote:
>> On 29/09/2015 20:43, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>> OK, tagging is finally finished and all tickets for 7.8 are closed.
>>>
>>> Let's take a day to review and fix up any outstanding issues.  If anyone
>>> knows
>>> of something else that needs to be fixed, please speak up here.
>>>
>>> If nothing comes up, I plan on releasing LFS-7.8 and BLFS-7.8 stable
>>> versions
>>> on Thursday, October 1st.
>>>

>> I do not know whether KF5-intro is correct in the /usr part, and also, it
>> seems to me that there is some redundancy in the parts added to
>> /etc/profile.d/qt5.sh and /etc/profiles.d/kf5.sh (in the /opt/kf5 case).
>> Problem is: there are 4 cases:
>> - Qt5 in /usr, Kf5 in /usr
>> - Qt5 in /usr, Kf5 in /opt
>> - Qt5 in /opt, Kf5 in /usr
>> - Qt5 in /opt, Kf5 in /opt, which, although not recommended (only thelast one
>> is), are all possible according to the book. I am not sure all cases are
>> covered.
>
> In reviewing the /usr install setuup for kf5,  all the pathappend statements
> depend on the location of qt5.  We do have a note in the qt5 section about
> installing in /usr/bin/qt5 and similar qt5 subdirectories of other system
> directories.
>
> This is my analysis:
>
> If qt5 is in /usr/bin/qt5 (and similar), then we need
>
> pathappend /usr/lib/qt5/plugins QT_PLUGIN_PATH
>
> If it is in /opt, then we need:
>
> pathappend /opt/qt5/plugins QT_PLUGIN_PATH
>
> Actually, the script should be appended to /etc/profile.d/qt5.sh, not
> /etc/profile.d/kf5.sh.
>

> cat >> /etc/profile.d/qt5.sh << "EOF"
> # Begin Qt5 changes for KF5
>
> # Assuming $QT5DIR == '/usr'
>
> pathappend /usr/lib/qt5/plugins QT_PLUGIN_PATH
> pathappend /usr/lib/qt5/qml     QML_IMPORT_PATH
> pathappend /usr/lib/qt5/qml     QML2_IMPORT_PATH
>
> # End Qt5 changes for KF5
> EOF
>
> We also need to add
>
> pathappend /usr/bin/qt5         PATH
>
> to the qt5.sh in the qt5 section of the book.
>

> Does this look right to you?
>
>   -- Bruce

I think I would need to test. I guess it would be OK, though. The only test I
have done is : KF5 in /usr, Qt5 in /opt. Then I used:
------------------
cat > /etc/profile.d/kf5.sh << "EOF"
# Begin /etc/profile.d/kf5.sh

. /etc/profile.d/qt5.sh

export KF5_PREFIX=/usr

pathappend /usr/lib/qt5/plugins  QT_PLUGIN_PATH
pathappend $QT5DIR/plugins       QT_PLUGIN_PATH

pathappend /usr/lib/qt5/qml      QML_IMPORT_PATH
pathappend $QT5DIR/qml           QML_IMPORT_PATH

pathappend /usr/lib/qt5/qml      QML2_IMPORT_PATH
pathappend $QT5DIR/qml           QML2_IMPORT_PATH

# End /etc/profile.d/kf5.sh
EOF

and Qt5.sh as per the Qt5 page instructions. I could build (not tested yet,
still have to build a wm) LXQt with this setup.

Now, I think it'd be better to have everything in qt5.sh, except the
KF5_PREFIX part.

I think that's all I can say before release...
Pierre