Ken Moffat wrote:
On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 01:18:02AM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 06:04:54PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
I tried to build gpgme with gnupg and just couldn't make it work.  I tried
using --disable-gpg-test and several other --disable options, but it kept
failing during the make phase because gnupg programs were not present.

I gave up and installed gnupg and then everything was OK.

I recommend making gnupg required for gpgme but will wait for feedback.

   -- Bruce
See the thread on blfs-support.  Spiky reported the problem, and
eventually built gnupg.  Pierre noted the test programs are always
built and offered a --disable suggestion.

I don't have any use for gpgme, so I've not tried to build it.
And all cores of my current machine are in use, so I can't try
building it at the moment.

Pierre fixed it in r19805!

My build completed, so I built it (without gnupg) and now confirm that
it built for me using --disable-gpg-test.

Hmm.  I use a script that does:

./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-gpg-test
make

In the log is:

Making all in tests
gpgconf --kill all
echo "ignore-invalid-option allow-loopback-pinentry" > /tmp/gpgme/gpgme-1.10.0/lang/qt/tests/gpg-agent.conf
echo "allow-loopback-pinentry" >> gpg-agent.conf
echo "ignore-invalid-option pinentry-mode" > gpg.conf
echo "pinentry-mode loopback" >> gpg.conf
gpg --no-permission-warning \
           --import ../../../tests/gpg/pubdemo.asc

Without gpg, this last line causes make to stop with an error.

I tried the above with --disable-gpgconf-test --disable-gpgsm-test --disable-g13-test and it still failed for me at the same place.

Investigating, it appears that the above is in lang/qt/tests/Makefile and is not disabled with any of the configure options.

Note that I have Qt5 and pinentry installed. It seems that with some sets of dependencies that gpg is required.

Investigating, it appears that the above is in lang/qt/tests/Makefile and is not disabled with any of the configure options.

I suppose I can avoid it with:

sed -i '/^SUBDIRS/s/tests//' lang/qt/Makefile.in

but do we want to do that?  "If no gnupg but have qt then ..."

Note: Tested with the sed (and --disable-gpg-test) and there is no ^gpg in the log.

  -- Bruce