On April 7, 2018 5:42:26 PM CDT, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com> wrote:
>It's disturbing that openssh still requires a 60K patch to build with
>openssl-1.1.0.  openssl-1.1.0. has been in release since August 2916.

Memory is fuzzy, but IIRC, this was due to lack of FIPS, which has weak ciphers
as part of the standard. Unfortunately, no fancy buzzword means you get a big
fat red X, despite exceeding the technical requirements, on the pretty version
of your audit report (the one the non-technical people read). There are
multiple upstream packages that can't update until this is addressed in 1.1.1.

--DJ