On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 11:35:56AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> On 04/14/2018 11:20 AM, Ken Moffat wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 11:38:26PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> >
> > There was a suggestion from several years ago that this used to
> > happen if _static_ llvm libs were used.  Latest issue was
> > https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/39880 but that should have
> > been fixed.
>
> I have not removed the static clang libraries.
>
> > I don't know why I didn't get the libffi problem (building
> > on 8.2 and newer).
>
> I don't know if it makes a difference, but I have:
>
> $ ls -l /usr/lib/clang/* -d
> drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Feb 18 13:34 /usr/lib/clang/5.0.1
> drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Mar 26 17:21 /usr/lib/clang/6.0.0

I have similar.  And on investigation I have not hidden the static
libs (maybe I should, just to see what other pain I can get from
rust) - they are a bit further down than I care about (usually only
static libs in /usr/lib or in /opt/*/lib for qt and kde).

Will reply to my previous post after doing the two DESTDIR installs,
but I suspect that might be a separate issue.

ĸen
--
In my seventh decade astride this planet, and as my own cells degrade,
there are some things I cannot do now: skydiving, marathon running,