On 04/14/2018 12:24 PM, Alain Toussaint wrote:
Le samedi 14 avril 2018 à 19:18 +0200, Pierre Labastie a écrit :
On 14/04/2018 18:18, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
On 04/13/2018 11:38 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

When I removed the line

llvm-config = "/usr/bin/llvm-config"

from config.toml, it seem to work (still building, but past the problem area.)

The build completed and everything seems OK.  I do not know why rustc does not
like my version of clang.

$ clang --version
clang version 6.0.0 (tags/RELEASE_600/final)
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /usr/bin

Do we need to adjust the book's instructions?

I'd say not before understanding what is going on... Let me try building rust
with the new instructions, after installing llvm 6, and removing completely
llvm 5 (using porg).

Pierre

I have a nearly ready made system done with llvm 6 and rust 1.22.1:

root [ ~ ]# llvm-config --version
6.0.0
root [ ~ ]# rust
rustc      rustdoc    rust-gdb   rust-lldb
root [ ~ ]# rustc --version
rustc 1.22.1
root [ ~ ]#

I can try to build rust 1.25 and report back but are there any pitfall of doing
so when rust 1.22.1
is installed?

That would be helpful. The more people that do this, the more confident we can be with the instructions.

  -- Bruce