On 2/16/2020 12:04 PM, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
On 2/16/20 11:31 AM, Douglas R. Reno via blfs-dev wrote:

On 2/16/20 5:21 AM, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
On 2/16/20 12:01 AM, Douglas R. Reno via blfs-dev wrote:
Hi folks,

I know that we're in a semi-package freeze right now, so I wanted to ask a question about a package that's already been tagged.

root [ /sources/LSB-Tools-0.6 ]# ln -sv /usr/lib/lsb/install_initd /usr/sbin ln: failed to create symbolic link '/usr/sbin/install_initd': File exists

This is after running "python3 setup.py install --optimize=1"

I don't think that the ln commands to create the symlink are needed anymore:

ln -sv /usr/lib/lsb/install_initd /usr/sbin &&
ln -sv /usr/lib/lsb/remove_initd  /usr/sbin

Are there any objections to me removing them?

I think the links are still needed for a first install.  My log shows them being created.  we could add -f to the ln command to avoid the error message if reinstalling.

  -- Bruce
This was a first install though, on my new system. I think it might be better to do "sfv" though - do you have that in your script?

I do.  I'll update next commit.

  -- Bruce

No, I fixed that in the installation.

--DJ