Hi,
I have just compiled open-office on my LFS_SVN-20050322
with two problems.
First, during compilation the script solenv/bin/checkdll.sh
failed with the message "Unable to find libmawt.so"
In fact the script have several -L... including
-L/opt/jdk/jdk/jre/lib/i386 but not
/opt/jdk/jdk/jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so where I have the
library on my installation of java-1.0.5_02.
I don't understand if it depends on my version of java
(instruction refer to version 1.0.5_05) or other, but with a simple
cd /opt/jdk/jdk/jre/lib/i386
cp xawt/libmawt.so .
I solved the problem. I'd like to know if it is a more appropriate
solution and if it really depends on the different version of java
or other. Anyway, after that there was not other compilation problems.
I had another problem after installation: if I start for example
swriter from kde when I am root from the shell I received:
/opt/openoffice-2.0.0/program/soffice.bin X11 error: Can't open display:
   Set DISPLAY environment variable, use -display option
   or check permissions of your X-Server
   (See "man X" resp. "man xhost" for details)

so I have to start the program:
swriter -display 0:0
or set the DISPLAY environment variable.
Is it normal? Can I solve this simply exporting the variable
on my /etc/profile or there is a better solution to set
$DISPLAY or is a question of proper setting openoffice?
Anyway if I start swriter from kde like a normal user (non-root)
I receive this:
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../sysdeps/generic/dl-tls.c: 72:
_dl_next_tls_modid: Assertion `result <= _rtld_local._dl_tls_max_dtv_idx'
failed!
Finally, if I start any openoffice program from gnome like non-root user
it's all fine and I have no problems.
Isn't this funny?
Can all this depends on my configure:
./configure --prefix=/opt/openoffice-2.0.0 \
  --enable-libart --enable-libsn \
  --disable-fontooo --without-fonts \
  --with-system-stdlibs --with-system-freetype \
  --with-system-zlib --with-system-jpeg \
  --with-system-expat --with-system-libxml \
  --with-system-curl --with-system-mozilla \
  --with-build-version=BLFS \
  --with-package-format=native --disable-binfilter \
  --enable-kde --with-system-python \
  --with-system-odbc-headers --with-system-boost \
  --with-system-sane-header --with-system-nas \
  --with-system-sndfile --with-system-neon \
  --with-jdk-home=/opt/jdk/jdk \
  --with-ant-home=/opt/ant \
  --with-perl-home=/usr --with-lang="it" --with-x

or anyone can understand the reason of this strange behaviour?

Thanks, Alessandro.