On 2/27/07, Dan Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 2/27/07, Tijnema ! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2/27/07, Dan Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 2/27/07, Tijnema ! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > /usr/kde-3.5.5/bin/kdm &
> > >
> > > /usr/kde-3.5.5/bin/kdesktop &
> > >
> > > /usr/kde- 3.5.5/bin/kicker &
> > >
> > > /usr/kde-3.5.5/bin/kwin &
> > >
> > > startx &
> >
> > Once you start kdm, you shouldn't need any of the extra stuff. It
> > should start X and and then the proper KDE session. I think you might
> > be having problems because you're starting multiple copies of the
> > desktop session executables: kwin, kdesktop, etc.
>
> I think you readed my other message on this list too, i noted that i
wasn't
> be able to start KDE normal, and this solved it for me.
> And it was working fine, just installed OpenSSH and vsfptd. That's all.

Alright, but if you're going to use startx, then everything you're
doing before it is useless. Or the other way around if you're using
kdm. If you want to launch kwin, kdesktop, etc., they should be
started by startx (through .xinitrc) or kdm. I'm guessing that they're
bombing right now because you're calling them from the console, not
from an X session.

I don't know what caused things to work or not work correctly for you,
but it would help to follow one procedure or the other. What you're
doing right now is bound to cause issues. You're launching two
instances of X and multiple instances of the kde session programs.

--
Dan

I was able to startup SSH deamon with the mouse, and so i could use the
keyboard to create a log of the command ps -A
see the attachment...

but well, i only did install a few programs and now the keyboard isn't
working anymore, i mean KDE was working fine.

Just realised one more thing, and it seems that it is the problem, i set the
default bootlevel to 5, instead of 4 where i had it in.

In my boot program things there's no difference between runlevel 4 & 5. but
i see cups doesn't start in runlevel 4. S99cups exists in rc3.d & rc5.d not
in rc4.d. cups was working fine in runlevel 3....

I added cups to runlevel 4 now, and that actually is the problem, and i
think i know why...
My own program loader is S00, cups is S99

Now i've set cups to S95 and my own program loader to S98 so it gets loaded
after cups.
And that fixed the problem

Thanks anyway, and please have a look at my ps -A result.

Tijnema

  PID TTY          TIME CMD
    1 ?        00:00:00 init
    2 ?        00:00:00 migration/0