On 08/18/2012 01:57 AM, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> To Armin:

Hi there.

> 1. In order to build with DESTDIR equivalent BUILDROOT, as normal user,
> after
>
> make BUILDROOT=$DESTINODIR install
>
> I had to create the directory:
>
> mkdir -vp $DESTINODIR/usr/share/doc&&
> ln -sv ../${PACKAGE_NAME}/doc $DESTINODIR/usr/share/doc/${PACKAGE}&&

Uhm, we assume user does not use DESTDIR (BUILDROOT in this case) method
to install packages. /usr/share/doc should be present since it was
created early in LFS.

> and change permission from 0444 to 0644:
>
> chmod -v 0644 $DESTINODIR/etc/pam.d/${PACKAGE_NAME}&&
> cat>>  $DESTINODIR/etc/pam.d/${PACKAGE_NAME}<<  "EOF"
> EOF
>
> where
> PACKAGE_NAME=cups
> PACKAGE=${PACKAGE_NAME}-1.6.1
>
> Interesting that all files in /etc/pam.d have 0644 permission, cups
> would be different.

I didn't notice that. I think that patch fixes the pam file, too. CUPS'
default permissions are screwed up, no doubt.

> 2. The cups file in /etc/pam generated with the book's instruction is:
>
> $ cat etc-pam.d-cups-2012.08.16
> auth  required        pam_unix.so shadow nodelay
> account       required        pam_unix.so
> # Begin /etc/pam.d/cups
>
> auth    include system-auth
> account include system-account
> session include system-session
>
> # End /etc/pam.d/cups
>
> Is this correct? I have tested this and without the first two lines, no
> success, and left without the two first lines:
>
> $ cat /etc/pam.d/cups
> # Begin /etc/pam.d/cups
>
> auth    include system-auth
> account include system-account
> session include system-session
>
> # End /etc/pam.d/cups

Yeah, this is definitely my fault. cat >> /etc/pam.d/cups << "EOF"

 >> mean "append", so my command just appends the stuff to default file
installed by CUPS. And what do you mean "no success"? I never had
problem with second one, like in your explanation.

> 3. Some CUPS files have lp group. Why didn't you use this instead of
> introducing lpadmin in configure?

That's up to CUPS. By default, CUPS daemon runs as user and group lp,
but uses lpadmin, sys and adm (I think) as groups that are allowed to
access CUPS's configuration only. If we used lp, everyone would had
access to ANYTHING, including the daemon itself.