On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 01:06:34PM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

> Meanwhile, I just found that "CMake build system" was introduced in
> 2008, so, I am wondering why devs in the book kept considering only
> autotools build. I've seen a comment about problems with glib-side
> developers of poppler regarding cmake, but these are old, from 2010.

 At that time, cmake was not only weird to use (just as it is now),
it also had obscure dependencies such as xmlrpc which was needed if
you wanted t make cmake use the system libs - at that time it needed
all of the system libs, or else it would use its own versions for
all of them.

 Also, at that time the only thing in BLFS which required cmake was
kde4.  Personally, I've only recently started to use cmake in my
normal builds (for graphite2).

ĸen