Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers wrote:
On Monday 01 February 2016 17:30:56 Bruce Dubbs wrote:

Try just rebuilding gmp:

Hmm, that is now a big problem. If I boot the new BLFS system, configure does
not work, as I explained.

And if I start using the old partition as host and change the root to the new
BLFS system with  "chroot",  the configure of the new BLFS system will be used
instead the working one from my host system. No way.

I would need a chroot but using the build systems of the host.  Is that
possible ?

Try figuring out where configure is giving the problem and comment that part out. It's jsut a bash script.

  -- Bruce