On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 07:32:29PM -0500, Baho Utot wrote:

> I could have missed it but I did not see a window manager nor a program like
> the old kdm to launch the beast.

If you really want a DM to launch it, the most kde-ish replacement
for kdm was sddm.  A few months back there was a new release which
showed a keyboard on the screen (and showed each clicked key briefly
when clicked to enter the password).

At that part I decided not to touch it with the proverbial barge-pole.

Some time later, I think it was Armin who pointed to a possible
solution to that.  Around that time, Bruce tried it but had problems
(I forget the details, maybe he could not login).  He replaced it in
the book with lightdm, but that is not-at-all kde-ish.

If you look at the archives for the past few months you can probably
find the details.  Some of the problems were maybe related to not
building in /usr.

But to be honest, if you used to use kde4 I think you will find kde5
is very different.

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.