I am trying to follow
  http://linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/pst/docbook-xsl.html

It says: "If you downloaded the optional documentation tarball, install the documentation by issuing the following command as the root user: "

  cp -v -R doc/* /usr/share/doc/docbook-xsl-1.79.2

The content of the doc directory at this time is empty because the tar file docbook-xsl-1.79.2.tar.bz2 comes with an empty doc directory.

The other tar file, docbook-xsl-doc-1.79.2.tar.bz2, contains a non
empty doc directory, but this directory is not created because the
tar file is extracted with --strip-components=1.

So, I am not sure if I don't understand the instructions, or if I have done something wrong.