On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 02:06:34 +0100
Ken Moffat via blfs-support <blfs-support@lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 08:01:18PM -0400, Scott Andrews via
> blfs-support wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 22:46:52 +0100
> > Ken Moffat via blfs-support
> > <blfs-support@lists.linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> > > No.  /usr/share/pkgconfig was introduced many years ago, for
> > > pkgconfig files which are not architecture-specific.  My oldest
> > > remaining logs are from LFS-7.1, and at that time iso-codes, udev,
> > > shared-mime-info, dbus, xbitmaps, util-macros were among the
> > > packages using it.
> > >
> > > ĸen
> >
> > Most distros are moving them, check archlinux for one
>
> If you never need to build multilib (e.g. 32-bit and 64-bit) then
> moving them should not cause you any trouble.
>
> Looking at Arch for xorgproto, the only pc file that I see mentioned
> at
> https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-packages/blob/packages/xorgproto/trunk/PKGBUILD
> is applewmproto.pc which they remove as part of cleaning up the
> apple stuff.  I don't see any mention of the other pc files being
> moved.
>
> Similarly, fedora, mandriva cooker are using /usr/share.
>
> ĸen

They are in /usr/share/pkgconfig

Name        : xorgproto
Version     : 2019.1
Release     : 1
Architecture: armv7hnl
Install Date: (not installed)
Group       : Xorg
Size        : 4060717
License     : Other
Signature   : (none)
Source RPM  : xorgproto-2019.1-1.src.rpm
Build Date  : Fri Aug 28 11:53:31 2020
Build Host  : rpi.example.org
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Vendor      : Octothorpe
URL         : https://xorg.freedesktop.org/
Summary     : Combined X.Org X11 Protocol headers
Description :
Combined X.Org X11 Protocol headers

[ putolin ]

/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-kbproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-pmproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-presentproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-randrproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-recordproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-renderproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-resourceproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-scrnsaverproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-trapproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-videoproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-x11proto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-xcmiscproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-xextproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-xf86bigfontproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-xf86dgaproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-xf86driproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-xf86miscproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-xf86vidmodeproto
/usr/share/licenses/xorgproto/COPYING-xineramaproto
/usr/share/pkgconfig/bigreqsproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/compositeproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/damageproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/dmxproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/dri2proto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/dri3proto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/fixesproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/fontsproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/glproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/inputproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/kbproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/presentproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/randrproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/recordproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/renderproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/resourceproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/scrnsaverproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/videoproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/windowswmproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/xcmiscproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/xextproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/xf86bigfontproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig/xf86dgaproto.pc
/usr/share/pkgconfig