  From: Dan Rossi
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 4:03 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Talking tape measures

  My Cobalt talking tape measure is going to go back to England I think.
  This weekend it was driving me crazy. It was actually giving consistently
  wrong measurements. Then it would start giving me the crazy measurements
  like 2792 inches. A battery change didn't seem to help it much. It also
  has a loose connection from a drop, so often when I am trying to take a
  measurement it will reset itself just by moving the case around.

  A hundred bucks for this is insane, but we don't have many options.

  TOM! TOM! TOM! What can we do? How much are encoder wheels these days?

  --
  Blue skies.
  Dan Rossi