I have a very nice bicycle light, (two actually), that I've been using this
year in the dark.  It has a very slick mounting bracket which I have affixed
to my dog's harness handle.  Unfortunately, it got caught on a fence
yesterday, and of course the part I didn't have two of, broke.

So, can you guys recommend a very good, readily-obtainable glue?  I've
always heard that when done right, glued pieces are stronger than the
original, but my experience hasn't borne this out.

Thanks for any suggestions.