From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Dale Leavens
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 12:58 AM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] minimum temperature.

Oh I don't know, the only reason I remember that temperature is that I well
remember researching alternatives and the heat pump has a lot to recommend
it but not up here unless coupled to a geothermal recovery system.

We have natural gas heat here but that isn't much use if the power goes off.
I have thought of a natural gas operated generator for back-up maybe about
10 kilowatts, either that or diesel with a really big storage tank. Seems to
me that getting fuel for a generator could become problematic and keeping a
big drum of gasoline around is expensive, hazardous and might well turn to
varnish before used. With no electricity getting pumps to work to fill cans
might also be a challenge.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
HYPERLINK "mailto:DLeavens%40puc.net"[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype DaleLeavens