Yes, it will have a back and four legs. Not those little benches you see at
picnic tables usually. We both have back problems so they'll be nice and
comfortable.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dale Leavens
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 12:49 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] projects upcoming

  A carriage bolt has a rounded domed head with a four sided nut like structure
just beneath the head which looks something like a mushroom cap. The nut like
structure is intended to bite into the surface of the wood when the nut on the
far end is tightened down. The top leaves a nice finish and the under side is
intended to hold the bolt while the nut is tightened on the far end.

  One disadvantage to free standing benches for outdoor use is that their
relatively narrow depth of base makes them somewhat unsteady unless the ground
they are on is very flat. Just something to consider. A bench with a back is
that much wider and if well constructed gives another couple of inches of depth
of base and that bit more stability.

  What ever the case do have fun.