  From: Dan Rossi
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:23 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Dealing with people

  I tried to take a shop class through the local community college. After
  the first night, I got a call from the school saying that I couldn't take
  the class. Both Teresa and I were signed up for three classes each,
  several hundred bucks worth of classes. I said that if I couldn't take
  shop class, I wanted the money back for all six classes, both Teresa and
  me.

  They countered with forcing me to sign a waiver. I grudgingly agreed, but
  realized pretty quickly I wasn't going to get anywhere in the class, the
  instructor really wanted nothing to do with me. So I stopped going, and
  vowed that I would never sign another waiver.

  I realized later that it was a stupid request. This class was for anyone.
  Any idiot could walk in off the street, with several fingers missing from
  previous shop accidents, and take the class without signing a waiver. But
  I had to. Screw that!

  I love some of the stories you guys have told about your spouses or
  girlfriends responses when people start talking to them. Teresa is far
  too timid to say anything like that, typically I just ignore their
  stupidity and start answering them. They eventually get the idea.

  --
  Blue skies.
  Dan Rossi

  http://www.eset.com