A wireless thermometer will work since the only thing inside the smoker is the 
probe.  It is attached to a cable that runs to the outside of the smoker and 
attaches to the thermometer unit that I sit on top of the smoker.  In bad 
weather, I place the thermometer in a zip-lock bag to protect it from the 
weather.

Thanks for the tip to the cooking in the dark group.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Lenny McHugh 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 02:54 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Talking Thermometer for smoking meat


  I really wonder if a wireless thermometer would work inside of the old 
  refrigerator, the metal may work as a shield. You may have more luck in 
  getting an answer on the cooking in the dark list. I do not have the 
  subscription information but I think a search for "cooking in the dark" will 
  probably get you there.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: "NLG" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: <[email protected]>
  Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 8:53 AM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Talking Thermometer for smoking meat

  Hi,
  I just finished building a thermostatic controlled cooker/smoker out of an
  old refrigerator. I have a large smokehouse down back but needed something
  that I could more closely regulate the smokehouse temperature

  Yesterday, I smoked 12 pounds of Canadian bacon and had to have a sighted
  person set my thermometer. I am looking for a wireless cooking thermometer
  to use to monitor the internal temperature of the meat I am
  smoking/cooking..

  I need a thermometer with a probe that I can insert into the meat and set a
  temperature on the unit (for example 150 degrees F) and have an alarm sound
  when the internal temp of the meat reaches the set temperature (in this
  example, 150 degrees F).

  What are you guys/gals using for thermometers when making your smoked
  sausages, bacons, hams, beef sticks, etc?

  Thanks :)

  ------------------------------------

  Send any questions regarding list management to:
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To listen to the show archives go to link
  
http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=33&MMN_position=47:29
  Or
  ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/

  The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
  http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday

  Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various 
  List Members At The Following address:
  http://www.jaws-users.com/JAWS/handyman/

  Visit the archives page at the following address
  http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

  If you would like to join the JAWS Users List, then visit the following 
  address for more information:
  http://www.jaws-users.com/
  For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list 
  just send a blank message to:
  [EMAIL PROTECTED] Groups Links

  __________ NOD32 3671 (20081208) Information __________

  This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
  http://www.eset.com



   

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to