It seems to me that Blind Mice had those talking thermometers.  I know a couple 
years back, we had several discussions about them on here and some company in 
Oregon was selling them through Barnes and Noble or Amazon.com.
Good luck.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: NLG 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 7:53 AM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Talking Thermometer for smoking meat


  Hi,
  I just finished building a thermostatic controlled cooker/smoker out of an
  old refrigerator. I have a large smokehouse down back but needed something
  that I could more closely regulate the smokehouse temperature

  Yesterday, I smoked 12 pounds of Canadian bacon and had to have a sighted
  person set my thermometer. I am looking for a wireless cooking thermometer
  to use to monitor the internal temperature of the meat I am
  smoking/cooking..

  I need a thermometer with a probe that I can insert into the meat and set a
  temperature on the unit (for example 150 degrees F) and have an alarm sound
  when the internal temp of the meat reaches the set temperature (in this
  example, 150 degrees F).

  What are you guys/gals using for thermometers when making your smoked
  sausages, bacons, hams, beef sticks, etc?

  Thanks :)



   

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to